Each year, there are thousands of new contributions to the neonatal literature. Few change practice. Which 2019 publication will have the most impact on neonatal care? To promote consideration of the space between evidence and practice, this is the question we pose to you. Review the nominated articles in the links below. Then, on each date, make your selections by voting on our Twitter page or our Facebook page. The final selection will be invited to present at the Hot Topics in Neonatology 2020 conference!Updated6.24.20
Want to host a dynamic journal club? Want to remind your colleagues or rival training programs of your superior awareness of the neonatal literature? Looking for a fun excuse to brush up on the recent neonatal evidence? Join the EBNEO Tournament Selection Challenge!
EBNEO is an international non-profit committed to bridging the evidence-practice gap in neonatology. Support our mission by participating in our Impact Article of the Year Tournament Selection Challenge. For each US $50 donation (link at top of page) through 4/11/20, we will send you a uniquely identified tournament bracket PDF with hyperlinks to each article*. Fill it in with your complete prediction of the selected winners, and send it back to email@example.com before voting begins on 4/13/20. The participant with the most accurate tournament selections will be featured in our media outlets and receive a complimentary Hot Topics in Neonatology 2020 registration! Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include the email where you would like to receive your tournament bracket PDF(s) in the PayPal form.
In alphabetical order:
3. Chappell LC, Brocklehurst P, Green ME, et al. Planned early delivery or expectant management for late preterm pre-eclampsia (PHOENIX): a randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2019;394(10204):1181-1190.
4. Clyman RI, Liebowitz M, Kaempf J, et al. PDA-TOLERATE Trial: An Exploratory Randomized Controlled Trial of Treatment of Moderate-to-Large Patent Ductus Arteriosus at 1 Week of Age. J Pediatr. 2019;205:41-48.e6.
7. Goel N, Shrestha S, Smith R, et al. Screening for early onset neonatal sepsis: NICE guidance-based practice versus projected application of the Kaiser Permanente sepsis risk calculator in the UK population. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2020;105(2):118-122.
9. Katheria A, Reister F, Essers J, et al. Association of Umbilical Cord Milking vs Delayed Umbilical Cord Clamping With Death or Severe Intraventricular Hemorrhage Among Preterm Infants. JAMA. 2019;322(19):1877.
10. Kirpalani H, Ratcliffe SJ, Keszler M, et al. Effect of Sustained Inflations vs Intermittent Positive Pressure Ventilation on Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia or Death Among Extremely Preterm Infants. JAMA. 2019;321(12):1165.
12. Onland W, Cools F, Kroon A, et al. Effect of Hydrocortisone Therapy Initiated 7 to 14 Days After Birth on Mortality or Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia Among Very Preterm Infants Receiving Mechanical Ventilation. JAMA. 2019;321(4):354.
15. Stahl A, Lepore D, Fielder A, et al. Ranibizumab versus laser therapy for the treatment of very low birthweight infants with retinopathy of prematurity (RAINBOW): an open-label randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2019;394(10208):1551-1559.