The International Society for Evidence-Based Neonatology (EBNEO) is a non-profit organisation that nourishes a vision that all neonatal care should be firmly built on best available evidence. The vision includes as short a passage from research-based knowledge to implementation in neonatal care (translation), thereby improving survival, decreasing morbidities and promoting long-lasting health for newborn infants. Memberships are open for individuals and institutions from all around the world.
The International Society for Evidence-Based Neonatology is a registered non-profit organisation in Sweden.
The organisation / fiscal number is 802493-2538.
The overall goals are:
- to provide an international forum to communicate and support evidence-based medicine for neonatal care in a global context
- to provide an interactive forum for the critical evaluation of the literature
- to provide neonatal care-givers with best available knowledge by increasing the dissemination of evidence-based neonatology
- to facilitate research projects on diagnostic procedures and interventions for important clinical outcomes
The members is the basis of the Society. The Society board is elected by the members at the annual meeting. The Working Groups are elected by the Board and work with specific tasks. For example, the Editorial Working Group appoints authors to write up reviews of published articles and handles the editorial work flow until reviews are published.
The organisational chart is displayed below. Click on it to view a larger version.
The first full board was elected at the annual meeting in September 2015, for a maximum period of three years.
- Stefan Johansson, Stockholm, Sweden (chairman)
- Haresh Kirpalani, Philadelphia, US (secretary)
- Mikael Norman, Stockholm, Sweden (treasurer)
- Hesham Abdel-Hady
- Elaine Boyle
- Francesco Cardona
- Alicia Spittle
- Gautham Suresh
- Clyde Wright, Denver, US
- Courtney Whustoff
- Ulrika Ådén
Members of Working Groups
The following persons are members of a working group (WG). You can email the chair if you have specific questions about the WG domain.
- Haresh Kirpalani, Philadelphia, US (chair)
- Mikael Norman, Stockholm, Sweden
- Clyde Wright, Denver, US
- Hesham Abdel-Hady, Mansoura, Egypt
- Nicolas Bamat, Philadelphia, US
- Francesco Cardona, Vienna, Austria
- Stefan Johansson, Stockholm, Sweden
- Sarah McKenna, Denver, US
Auditors of the fiscal reports
The auditors of the annual fiscal reports was elected at the annual meeting in September 2015, for a maximum period of three years.
The election committee was elected at the annual meeting in September 2015, for a maximum period of three years.
Conflicts of interest
All members of the board and working groups are obliged to follow the conflicts-of-interest-guidelines issued by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
All authors of EBNEO reviews are obliged to disclose potential conflicts-of-interest using the ICMJE Disclosure Form. The form will be available online along the web version of the review. In the PDF version of the review, potential conflicts of interest will be summarized.
- Annual Business Meeting 2018: Report on Activities, Fiscal Report, and Audit Report
- Annual Business Meeting 2017: Report on Activities, Fiscal Report, and Audit Report
- Annual Business Meeting 2016: Report on Activities, Fiscal Report, and Audit Report
- By-laws of the Society
- EBNEO registration 2015-02-10, Swedish Tax Agency
International Society for Evidence-Based Neonatology
c/o Department of Neonatal Medicine, H1:02
Karolinska University Hospital
SE-171 76 Stockholm